Directions: First, print out a copy of this page to turn in. THEN answer the questions, using "The Holocaust: An Historical Summary".
Name:___________________________________ Sect:_____ Date:____________
1. One group persecuted by the Nazis was the "Roma", also known as:
___Poles ___Italians ___gypsies ___Jews ___Slavs
2. What was Germany's Jewish population at the start of Hitler's chancelorship?
___50 million ___5 million ___500,000 ___50,000
3. Jews lost all of the following privilages under the Nuremberg Laws EXCEPT:
___get married ___ attend public schools ___go to movies
4. Nazis believed in eugenics to improve the human race. Eugenics is:
___selective breeding ___massacres ___birth control
5. The number of men first taken to Dachau was:
___300 ___3,000 ___30,000 ___300,000
6. In what year did the Germans invade the Soviet Union?
___1939 ___1940 ___1941 ___1942
7. The effort by the Nazis to wipe out resistance groups was called the ____ decree:
___Nuremberg ___Kristallnaucht ___Night and Fog ___Munich
8. Later, Jews were forced to live in the getto areas of cities like Warsaw and:
___Kiev ___Berlin ___Misk ___Lodz
9. The largest of the "death camps" was:
___Dachau ___Sobibor ___Auschwitz-Birkenau ___Treblinka
10. In which concentration camp did Anne Frank die?
___Dachau ___Belzek ___Auschwitz ___Bergen-Belsen