DIRECTIONS: Use the Internet and/or other expressed sources to answer the questions below in "notes" form.
PART A--The Long March
1. Describe the route taken by the Communists (include start/end points, terrain, distance, etc.)
2. When did it take place?
3. Who led the Long March? Why?
4. Who was the leader of China at the start of this event?
5. How many of the original 80,000 marchers survived the Long March?
6. According to the class discussion, describe how the Japanese
invasion of China during
the Long March contributed to the success of the Communist Revolution there.
PART B--League of Nations
1. What was the intent of the League?
2. How many original nations were members of the League?
3. How many years did the League exist?
4. What was the major reason for its ultimate failure?
5. Describe the three branches of the League.
6. What were some of the League's successes?