Internet Scavanger Hunt Questions
1. How many intranet web sites--besides the main one (http://TheEllisSchool.org/)--does
Ellis have? (HINT: Find them all with just one click somewhere within the
A. 2 B. 6 C. 10
2. How many stars (out of five) did Amazon.com award to the 'NSync's
A. 2 B. 3 C. 4
3. What is the name of the Seattle Mariners' AAA minor league baseball
team that plays in Tacoma, Washington?
A. Rainiers B. Mariners C. Aqua Sox
4. What is the title of the last book reviewed by an Ellis student on
the school's "Speaking Volumes" web site?
A. Holes B. Two Suns in the Sky C. Anne of Green Gables
5. What is the capital of Albania?
A. Acra B. Ankara C. Tirana
6. In what month will this year's National Council for the Social Studies
(NCSS) annual conference take place?
A. April B. June C. November
7. About how many points per game did Michael Jordan average during his
A. 20 B. 28 C. 35
8. To the nearest 100 miles, how many miles is it to drive from Pittsburgh
to Miami, Florida?
A. 1800 B. 1000 C. 1200
9. Meles Zenawi is the Prime Minister of which African nation?
A. Ethiopia B. Egypt C. Mozambique
10. What is the URL for Fox Network's official "X-Files" web
11. Which of these is NOT a web site at which you can purchase low-fare
A. Priceline B. Tix-R-Us C. Atevo
12. What are the last four digits of Mr. Stone's home telephone number?
A. 1123 B. 5398 C. 5623
13. Complete this sentence by filling in the blank: "The mission
of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is '...to protect human ________
and to safeguard the natural environment.'"
A. health B. kind C. well-being
14. In what year was Andy Warhol born?
A. 1935 B. 1940 C. 1928
15. What is the zip code for Mr. Stone's home town--New Cumberland, PA?
A. 17800 B. 17070 C. 14230